- 4 small peaches, halved and pitted
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar
- 3 heads butter lettuce, rinsed and patted dry, leaves torn
- 1 large handful parsley leaves
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 1 wheel soft sheep's cheese or goat cheese
- 4 thick slices crusty bread, toasted and cooled to room temp
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- honey, for drizzling
- good olive oil, for drizzling
- freshly cracked pepper and sea salt
Pour sugar into a small dish and lay each peach half face-side down, nestling peach into sugar to coat. Place peaches onto a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes or until sugar caramelizes. Set aside.
In a serving bowl, toss together the lettuce, mint, and parsley. Slather toasts with cheese and arrange in the center. Nestle broiled peach halves (cooled to room temperature) into salad, then scatter toasted almonds and add cracked black pepper. Finish with a drizzle each of honey, sea salt, and olive oil, to taste.
About this recipe
From Melina Hammer, LickingthePlate.com