- 1 pound fresh jumbo crab meat
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs: parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil
- Extra virgin olive oil or truffle oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, egg and Old Bay seasoning. Fold in gently the crab meat and the bread crumbs. Shape into 4 or 6 crab cakes depending on the size you want. Bake in a 450°F oven on a sheet tray for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with grilled summer veggies.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and serve.
Grilled Summer Veggies
Slice the zucchini, squash and onion into ¼-inch thick slices, on the diagonal. Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill on high heat for a few minutes on each side or until there are nice grill marks on the veggies. Place veggies on a serving platter, mix with chopped herbs, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or truffle oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
About this recipe
From Catch 54 Fish House, Fenwick Island.