- 4 red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into thin, bite-size strips
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 handful green beans, ends trimmed, sliced into thin coins
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry or champagne vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
Arrange almonds in a single layer on a toaster oven tray. Toast for 4 minutes, or until they become fragrant and their edges turn golden. You may agitate pan halfway through, circulating the almonds for even toasting. Transfer them to a small dish.
Layer the peppers, celery, green beans, parsley, and capers onto a serving platter. Toss slightly to incorporate. Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and vinegar, season with pepper, and scatter the toasted almonds on top. Serve immediately.