- 1 bunch baby carrots, cleaned
- 1 bunch medium to fat asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 1 medium- large spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shave all but arugula lengthwise on a mandolin or use a vegetable peeler. Dunk in ice water and drain. Toss with charred spring onion vinaigrette. Add arugula right before serving as not to wilt. Optional: add cheese like a nutty blue or fresh goat.
Charred Spring Onion Vinaigrette
Remove the root end from the onion and separate the green and set aside. Slice the white part of the onion in half and over open flame or grill, char it. Let cool and mince into a bowl. Thinly slice the green part and add to the bowl. Mix with the vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil in while whisking. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.