- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 soft shell crabs, jumbo or bigger
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 peaches, sliced
- 3 ears grilled corn, removed from cob
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ small red onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, cilantro, mint, basil or a combination of all four
- sea salt and cracked pepper
Combine egg and buttermilk. Dip soft shell crab in egg and buttermilk mixture and dredge lightly in seasoned flour shaking off excess. On stovetop, heat a frying pan on high heat. When hot, put in ¼ inch vegetable oil. Place soft shell in hot oil back side down. Fry 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Turn soft shell crab and repeat.
Whisk the honey, vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl. Put remaining salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Put in dressing and toss thoroughly to combine. Place on plate or platter and top with sea salt and cracked pepper. Add Grilled Summer Veggies. Place fried soft shell on top.
The peach salsa is also delicious with blackened tuna or pan-seared halibut.
About this recipe
From Bluecoast Seafood Grill and Raw Bar, Bethany Beach