- 4 to 8 whole-grain (8- or 10-inch) tortillas
- 6 to 8 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup bite-size cilantro sprigs
- 1½ cups Salsa Fresca
- ½ cup orange, red, and green bell peppers, diced
- 1½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1½ cups diced avocado or No-Nonsense Guacamole
- Sriracha or Cholula hot sauce, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Wrap a stack of 4 tortillas in aluminum foil and warm for 5 to 10 minutes. If you are preparing 8 tortillas, make 2 wrapped bundles. Wrap the warmed foil bundles in a dish towel to keep them toasty.
Serve the fillings and toppings in festive, colorful bowls. Arrange them together on the table or counter, along with the towel wrapped tortillas, and allow your guests to assemble their own burrito creations.
Many burrito bar items can be made ahead and refrigerated, such as the salsa, No-Nonsense Guacamole, and diced pepper mix.